Information for Patients
What is Telepsychiatry?
Telepsychiatry is traditional psychiatric services provided over a secure connection between two computers.
What should patients expect?
They will be...
- Greeted by an assistant who will prepare the patient for their visit with the psychiatrist
- Seated in an office equipped with a monitor (TV), small camera, speakers, and microphone. Instead of having the psychiatrist seated in the room with the patient, interaction will be via the computer connection (similar to Skype, FaceTime, web conferencing, etc.)
- Able to see, hear the provider over the speakers, and speak to him through the microphone. The provider will be able to see, hear, and speak to the patient through the equipment in his off-site office.
- Able to pick up medications from the pharmacy, if provider prescribes them for the patient (prescriptions will be sent electronically to the patient's pharmacy).
- Provided with a follow-up appointment.
For more information, please contact the following outpatient locations: